The Delhi High Court on Monday postponed the plea hearing of Bollywood actress Juhi Chawla over the dismissal of her lawsuit against 5G wireless network technology.
Judge Sanjeev Narula recused himself from hearing Ms Chawla’s plea and ordered it to be entered in another court on July 29.
“Subject to the order of the chief justice, appearance before another panel on July 29,” said the judge.
Last week, Judge JR Midha ordered Ms Chawla’s request that her lawsuit against the 5G deployment be declared “dismissed” instead of “dismissed”, be referred to Judge Narula after depositing previously imposed costs of Rs 20 lakh.
Ms. Chawla’s lawyer argued that the complaint, which “never reached the level of prosecution”, could only be dismissed or remanded under the Code of Civil Procedure, not dismissed.
The court also allowed a one-week deadline for filing costs after Ms. Chawla decided not to support the waiver request. The claim for reimbursement of legal costs was also withdrawn by Ms. Chawla.
In June, the court qualified the prosecution of Ms. Chawla and two others against the deployment of the 5g as “defective”, “abuse of process”, and filed a case to “publicize” and l ‘had dismissed with costs.
Judge Midha said the complaint in which questions were raised about the health risks from 5G technology was “not maintainable” and was “riddled with unnecessary scandals, frivolous and vexatious” that could be invalidated.
The court said the lawsuit filed by the actress-environmentalist and others was for publicity, which was clear as Ms Chawla posted the hearing’s videoconference link to her social media account, this which resulted in repeated disturbances three times by unknown disbelievers who continued warnings.
(Except for the title, this story was not edited by NDTV staff and is posted from a syndicated feed.)